Many local women considering breast augmentation will find themselves Googling “how much does breast augmentation cost”?
While many clinics choose not to publicly display their total fees to prospective patients, we understand the answer is from around $7,000 to $14,000.
So why the big range?
Like most things, you need to make sure you are comparing apples with apples!
At Hunter Plastic Surgery, we give the total cost you will have to pay.
- For round implants: The total cost is $10,990. This is inclusive of the surgeon’s fee, leading-brand round implants, hospital day stay, garment, anaesthetist’s fee and follow up visits.
- For anatomical (or ‘tear drop’) implants: The total cost is $12,990. This is inclusive of the surgeon’s fee, leading-brand anatomical implants, hospital day stay, garment, anaesthetist’s fee and follow up visits.
What should you ask when you're considering your options?
These are some questions you might like to ask when looking at different options. My answers follow the questions.
- Is this surgeon a genuine Plastic Surgeon? This means they have completed at least 14 years of training and examinations, or even more as I invested 17 years in my training and fellowship before opening Hunter Plastic Surgery in 2009. This contrasts with the term ‘cosmetic surgeon’ which anyone with a basic medical degree can use.
- Will you be operated on in a fully accredited hospital? Yes
- Will a Specialist Anaesthetist administer a full general anaesthetic? Yes
- What kind of implants will be used? Leading brand implants with a 10 year replacement warranty.
- How many of this type of procedure has the surgeon performed? Over 2000 breast augmentations in Newcastle.
- Can you see lots of clinical before and after photos? Yes – on this website and on social media.
- How well are the risks and recovery required explained? We have information on this website and well as comprehensive information provided during your consultation and to take home to consider afterwards.
- What after care is offered? All after care during your post operating period is provided in our clinic in Charlestown. Patients see my Practice Registered Nurses throughout the process and they provide updates on resuming your favourite activities as it is safe to do so. You also get complimentary LED light therapy sessions for scar minimisation.
Want to discover more?
A great way to ‘Try before you buy’ is to come in and have a $100 Vectra 3D surgery simulation with my Practice Manager Jessica.
Many patients love this service because it gives them a much better idea of sizing and placement than simply putting sizing implants in a bra can! And the $100 cost is rebated against your consultation with me if you decide to continue exploring if the surgery is right for you.
More information on the website
Discover more about breast augmentation (also known by the medical term of augmentation mammoplasty), including information on hospital arrangements, recovery and a 3D animation of the procedure by visiting our breast augmentation page.
Dr Nicholas Moncrieff, Specialist Plastic Surgeon
About Dr Moncrieff
Dr Moncrieff focuses exclusively on breast reductions, breast lifts, breast augmentation, tummy tucks and body lifts.
He is one of only a handful of Plastic Surgeons across Australia with this sole breast and body focus.
Dr Moncrieff has performed thousands of surgical procedures over more than two decades in medicine. Over 20,000 of these procedures have been in Newcastle.