Thinking about a breast reduction, augmentation, lift or tummy tuck? So now find yourself Googling “how much does a plastic surgeon cost?”
While many clinics choose not to publicly display their total fees to prospective patients, we’ve made it easier for you to do your research when considering a plastic surgeon in Newcastle and across Australia. Keep reading to find out how much a plastic surgeon costs for the main breast and body surgeries women ask us about.
Large breasts are a burden when they cause embarrassment, breathing problems and pain in the back, shoulder and neck region. For this procedure, we understand the cost range in Newcastle and beyond is from $7,000 to $18,000.
At Hunter Plastic Surgery the total cost for a breast reduction is:
- For a privately insured patient, seeking a standard reduction, the total out-of-pocket cost is $11,800 or from $12,800 when combined with liposuction which takes additional theatre time (generally appropriate for larger body types). This total out-of-pocket cost include the surgeon’s fee, hospital, garment, anaesthetist and after care including light therapy to reduce scars.
- For patients without insurance, the total out-of-pocket fees start at $17,000.
Will Medicare help fund breast reductions? Yes. The Medicare item number to check with your health fund is 45523. Not all policies will cover this item, so you may consider a change to your cover or even fund. Read more by visiting our article Choosing a health fund.
To read more about breast reductions, visit our Breast reduction page.
Have your breasts changed over time and after children? Or perhaps they’ve never quite developed how you’d like. If you are looking into a breast augmentation, we understand the pricing for breast augmentations in Newcastle range from around $7,000 to $14,000.
At Hunter Plastic Surgery, we give you the total cost you will have to pay:
- For round implants: The total cost is $10,990.
- For anatomical (or ‘tear drop’) implants: The total cost is $12,990. This is inclusive of the surgeon’s fee, leading-brand anatomical implants, hospital day stay, garment, anaesthetist’s fee and follow up visits including LED light therapy.
To read more, visit our breast augmentation page.
For those who are happy with their volume but just want them to be lifted to a more youthful position, a breast lift alone can be performed. This procedure, the range in Newcastle is between $8,400 and $16,500.
At Hunter Plastic Surgery, the total cost is:
- For those instances where patients are eligible for the Medicare item number, the total cost can begin from $12,000.
- For those without insurance coverage, the total cost is from $16,500. This price includes the surgeon’s fee, anaesthetist’s fee, hospital, stay, garment and follow up visits including LED light therapy.
To read more about, visit our breast lift page.
Are you finding no amount of exercise and dieting can change the excess skin or damaged muscles? A tummy tuck may be your answer to adding that finishing touch to your weight loss journey or getting back to your pre-baby stomach.
We understand that the range of costs for a tummy tuck in Newcastle is from around $8,000 to over $27,000.
At Hunter Plastic Surgery:
- If you are privately insured and meet the Medicare weight loss criteria: the total out of pocket cost for a tummy tuck in Newcastle is from $15,000.
- If you are not privately insured: the total cost is from $25,000. This includes the surgeon’s fee, anaesthetist’s fee, and 3 nights in hospital, garment and after-care including LED light therapy for reducing scars.
To read more, visit our tummy tuck page.
Perhaps your body has change after children, or maybe your body has changed after weight loss and now you want to deal with the excess skin and deflated breasts. Restore your body or finish off your weight loss journey with a combination of breast surgery and a tummy tuck.
The price range for a mummy makeover in Newcastle is from $25,000 to $45,000.
At Hunter Plastic Surgery, the total cost for a mummy makeover is outlined below:
- For insured patients: a combined breast surgery and tummy tuck start from $30,000. This include the surgeon’s fee, the anaesthetist’s fee, garment, hospital stay and follow up visits.
- For uninsured patients: a mummy makeover begins from $38,000 total out of pocket.
To read more, visit our mummy makeover page.
Ready to explore your options?
If you are considering breast surgery, you may like to book a $100 Vectra simulation. Find out more and book online here.
Jessica Laing, Practice Manager, Hunter Plastic Surgery
Jessica joined the Hunter Plastic Surgery team in 2010 after being a patient of Dr Moncrieff’s. She has worked very closely with him since then and supports our patients throughout their surgical journey.
She has even won awards for her focus on service including as the Young Customer Service Professional of the Year at the 2020 Stevie Global Sales and Customer Service Awards, the Australasian Practice Manager of the Year at the 2019 MyFaceMyBody Global Awards and at the 2017 Lake Macquarie Business Excellence Awards.