Are you finding that your body has changed over the years from children or weight loss? Do you find that no amount of exercise or diet can get you the abdomen you want?
And so perhaps you have found yourself Googling, “how much does a tummy tuck in Newcastle cost?”
Tummy Tuck Prices (abdominoplasty)
It can be tricky to find an answer because most clinics choose not to publicly display their total fees.
However we understand that the range of costs for a tummy tuck in Newcastle is from around $15,000 to over $35,000.
So why the big price range of tummy tuck fees?
At Hunter Plastic Surgery, we are the only plastic surgery practice in the Hunter which outlines our fees publicly. We want our patients to understand the likely costs before committing valuable time and money to a consultation.
- If you are privately insured with Top Gold Cover and meet the Medicare weight loss or muscle repair post pregnancy criteria: the total out of pocket cost for a tummy tuck in Newcastle is from $22,500. This includes the surgeon’s fee, anaesthetist’s fee, hospital fees and garment.
- If you are not privately insured or do not have Top Gold Cover: the total cost is from $32,000. This includes the surgeon’s fee, anaesthetist’s fee, 3 nights in hospital and garment.
Our cost of a consultation is $350. However, if you provide a referral, Medicare will provide a rebate of just over $75.
For more details on our fees and the criteria Medicare use to determine if you can have a rebate, you can visit our tummy tuck page.
Our dedicated blog on the Medicare rules is here.
What should you ask when you're considering your options?
There are some questions you might like to ask when looking at different options. My answers apply to the following:
- Is this a Cosmetic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon? This question is crucial when choosing the right place. Many people don’t know the difference between the two. The answer comes down to the years of experience, training, examinations, and fellowship. When doing your research, find a surgeon who has completed at least 14 years of training and experience, or more like myself, who have invested 17 years in training and experience before opening Hunter Plastic Surgery in 2009.
- Will you be operated on in a fully accredited hospital? Yes.
- Will a Specialist Anaesthetist administer a full general anaesthetic? Yes.
- How many of this type of procedure has the surgeon performed? Over 500 women in Newcastle since 2009.
- Can you view lots of clinical before and after photos? Yes – on this website and on social media.
- You should also consider the level of service, including after surgery. Patients see both my Practice Nurse Alecia for post-operative support and myself for ensuring support throughout your recovery. It is focus on patient care that has seen us win 25 awards for our service since founding in 2009.
- Can tummy tucks improve back pain and incontinence? Yes! I have contributed towards the national study on the benefits of abdominoplasty, which was published in 2018 in the American Society of Plastic Surgeon’s ‘Plastic and Reconstructive Journal’. It demonstrated that the repair of the abdominal muscles contributes positively to reduction in pain and incontinence.
- Tummy tucks also remove excess skin which causes discomfort and often chronic skin irritations.
More information or to book a consultation
Discover more about tummy tucks (also known by the medical term of abdominoplasty), including information on hospital arrangements, tummy tuck recovery, and a 3D animation of the procedure by visiting our tummy tuck page.
To contact our team to make an appointment with me, please call 4920 7700 or send us a message via the form below.
Dr Nicholas Moncrieff, Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon
About Dr Moncrieff
Dr Moncrieff focuses exclusively on breast reductions, breast lifts, breast augmentation, tummy tucks and body lifts.
He is one of only a handful of Plastic Surgeons across Australia with this sole breast and body focus.
Dr Moncrieff has performed thousands of surgical procedures over more than three decades in medicine. Over 20,000 of these procedures have been in Newcastle.